(Edit: Repaired) Gas Furnace Went Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made it home from work and walked into a 42 degree house. I cleaned the thermocoupler but I believe it is the gas valve that is going out. It will light and have a good flame but you will hear the valve click and see the flame change when it clicks. After a couple clicks it shuts off the gas.
Any checks I can try? Any where to purchase a gas valve on a Sunday?

robertshaw 7100 der so 3

Thank you much.

Last edited:

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. Feel for ya. Might try the box stores, lowes, HD, or even try Westlake Ace Hardware. Or any hardware stores around you. Also, if you're in the metro area, there are mobile appliance repair people that may have what you need.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 of these in the back of my corolla and if you can't find them at walmart I will loan you mine.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-To...ce-Heater/336545728?athbdg=L1103&from=/search
One upstairs and one down will keep you pretty comfy.
Unless you have a very under insulated house and it's drafty.

Only gas valve I know I can get my hands on is on a gas hanging shop furnace that is 50 years old.
Still works though.
I can make a phone call and meet the guy at his camshaft shop of go get his keys and snatch the valve off the old furnace.
They just pulled it off the ceiling 3 days ago to stick a new one up.

Maybe a used appliance store?
Know anyone in the HVAC trade that may have a used one laying around?

Latest posts

Top Bottom