(Edit: Repaired) Gas Furnace Went Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does your squirrel cage motor come on? I had a gf that her York would go though startup but never came on but shutdown.

The issue was a vacuum lime going to the cage that had some lint in it preventing it from throwing the vacuum switch. Cleaned the plastic tube and it fixed it. These new ones had to many interlocks imo.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have BBQ grill and charcoal?

Sunday makes parts hard to obtain. Locke is a good source, 6 days a week.

Gas valve shutting off is a good thing, when going bad. Our house fire, in '84, was a gas valve that failed, locked in open position. Never shut off.

Hope you get it straightened out.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a fire place this may work in a pinch. I got a 30k BTU ventless for the wife's Christmas present.
Being ventless all the heat stays in when I close the damper. Took 2 hours to install if you have the fittings which are easy and all goes well. They have larger model also. Remote controlled.4294599068

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does your squirrel cage motor come on? I had a gf that her York would go though startup but never came on but shutdown.

The issue was a vacuum lime going to the cage that had some lint in it preventing it from throwing the vacuum switch. Cleaned the plastic tube and it fixed it. These new ones had to many interlocks imo.
All in the name of safety. Safety for continued business money makers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom