This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am surprised no one on the forum has posted much about the elections. I guess I'll just have to play the devils advocate, many people from gun groups that I've seen are preparing for the worse because the American people believe Hilary Clinton will win the 2016 Presidential Election, many people are also forewarning to take up and bear arms if she wins, now is that due to political unrest or just personal opinion. Honestly from my point of view either candidate wins, we are screwed. During Barak Obama campaign during 2008 there was also another scare stating President Obama was going to ban all AR15s and AK47S and so on but it didnt happen, do you guys believe there wil be price gouging due to whomever wins the Presidential election? From what history has taught us always prepare for the worse, and history repeats itself, I like the 2nd Amendment and Pro 2A, I am just surpised for this election no one is really talking about it or is everyone secretly stockpiling ghns and ammo and anticipating the worse? Any opinions on this?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am surprised no one on the forum has posted much about the elections. I guess I'll just have to play the devils advocate, many people from gun groups that I've seen are preparing for the worse because the American people believe Hilary Clinton will win the 2016 Presidential Election, many people are also forewarning to take up and bear arms if she wins, now is that due to political unrest or just personal opinion. Honestly from my point of view either candidate wins, we are screwed. During Barak Obama campaign during 2008 there was also another scare stating President Obama was going to ban all AR15s and AK47S and so on but it didnt happen, do you guys believe there wil be price gouging due to whomever wins the Presidential election? From what history has taught us always prepare for the worse, and history repeats itself, I like the 2nd Amendment and Pro 2A, I am just surpised for this election no one is really talking about it or is everyone secretly stockpiling ghns and ammo and anticipating the worse? Any opinions on this?

1. I believe Hillary is going to sweep to victory in dramatic and overwhelming fashion, similar to Obama. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know if I hope I am correct or not, honestly. That's how bad this whole situation is.
:explode:

2. No way I am advocating "taking up arms". What are you going to do? Stand guard on your lawn because the person you didn't want elected to the Presidency won? What would that accomplish? Or in terms of "taking up arms", is someone advocating storming government offices and/or full-blown revolt? Stupid.

3. President Barack Obama did not accomplish a ban on certain types of weapons, but it wasn't for lack of trying. He politicized every shooting event he could, especially any with racial under/overtones, in an attempt to push his agenda - but he failed. He simply didn't have the grass-roots support of any but the liberal Hollyweird media and some nutbag Washington politicians like Reid and Pelosi. Let's face it, the majority of Americans ARE concerned that the .gov is eyeing their firearms askance, and the lobbying power of groups like the NRA had even a number of Democratic legislators from typically-conservative states afraid to back their leadership in the attempt.

4. Price gouging is a given and inevitable given #1. How long, how hard and how bad remains to be seen, but I STILL haven't seen .22LR at WalMart in nearly 4 years. Many prices have come down, availability is back to normal on gun parts and most ammo, but .22 is still in short supply, though it isn't the dodo bird or skunk ape it used to be.

5. I have made no secret I've bought more lowers and parts recently, but I suspect a lot of others are doing so and are keeping quiet about it, either from fear of reprisals in venues such as this where people complain you are "fueling the fire" of the gun scare, or just plain don't want the .gov to have an easy trail to their door. Others are probably waiting until tomorrow night, or Wednesday and will rush out and buy whatever they can find, given #1.

That's just my take on all of it.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
$830 CMMG 308 LOWER ON BUDSGUNSHOP... I DIDN'T TAKE THEM FOR THE GOUGING TYPE. I'M WATCHING $185 AERO PRECISION M5 308 LOWERS SELL FOR $350- $400 EVERYDAY ON GUNBROKER.

Priced are getting stupid everywhere, and I'm in the middle of building a M5E1... getting pissed..

Screenshot_20161107-173718.png

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a feeling Hilary will win too, and theres going to be a lot of angry people. Honestly I even toldy wife to maybe not go to work wedmesday because we don't know the outcome. Knowing in Oklahoma our representatives will vote for the Republican party. I have been seeing prices going up, Ive just been looking for deals on ammo n magazines.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SGAmmo was cleaned out of almost all lower priced ammo last week.
What they got left is cheaper at Walmart, But Walmarts shelves are emptying fast too. LOL!
Let the games begin!
Powder and primers will be next.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SGAmmo was cleaned out of almost all lower priced ammo last week.
What they got left is cheaper at Walmart, But Walmarts shelves are emptying fast too. LOL!
Let the games begin!
Powder and primers will be next.

Honestly I have been looking at SGAMMO compared to a lot of other competitors and the only other website I found somewhat comparable was GTdistributors. I was going to buy more magazines at Fat Boy Tactical but then my wife made a great point would you rather spend more on ammo or magazines, what are you going to do throw magazines at people. I started laughing at was like this is why I married her and bought more ammo. Last time I checked Walmart their shelves were becoming low stock and I am in Broken Arrow. Academy had ammo but they were over priced nothing special.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... but I STILL haven't seen .22LR at WalMart in nearly 4 years. Many prices have come down, availability is back to normal on gun parts and most ammo, but .22 is still in short supply, though it isn't the dodo bird or skunk ape it used to be.
Picked up a couple boxes of 36gr Mini Mags at WM last time we went grocery shopping. Rarely bother to check since WM still as their "two box" limit and Academy's at 1000 rounds per purchase. Sort of think WM would really like to get out of the firearms business completely.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. I believe Hillary is going to sweep to victory in dramatic and overwhelming fashion, similar to Obama. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know if I hope I am correct or not, honestly. That's how bad this whole situation is.

Well, I can admit, I was totally and completely wrong. I am glad Hillary isn't President-elect, but Trump still wasn't what I'd consider a GOOD choice. More like our ONLY choice. :(

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edifying wasn't it? Leading up to the election there was an atmosphere of fear and uncertainty inducing many of us to accept defeat before it happened. All thanks to our duplicitous friends in the mainstream media and so-called experts and pollsters. The same ones who are trying to tell us what to think right now. Let's give them all the raspberry and get our news and views elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom