Electronic Powder Dispenser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who has one and what brand? I've found that the slowest part of my reloading process is the powder dispensing and weighing. I've currently got an RCBS Uniflow but I haven't been particularly happy with it when throwing small charges, I've found it's better to throw charges too small then use a trickler to complete it.

I've been thinking about the RCBS Chargemaster, but the Hornady is a little less expensive, anyone able to compare the two?

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never used a electronic dispenser, but I have had no luck with electric scales, they all seem to work their way "off" right in the middle of charging a bunch of cases and by the time you relize you don't know whats in what.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have Hornadys and I love it. If you are working up loads with different charges it is awesome! If you are charging just one load it is a bit slower than a drop dispensor is once you get the drop adjusted. However you do save the time it takes to adjust the drop. I have checked mine against my scale and it was right one. They don't do as good with ball powder when set on auto.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought the RCBS chargemaster combo. I haven't even had it long enough to set it up and try it out, but I did some reading before I bought it. I found some links on the internet explaining that you can reprogram the dispensing speeds on the RCBS. By tweaking how fast the majority of the charge is dispensed and modifying how close to the target charge the unit slows down to trickle, some guys reported increasing their accuracy while cutting their time nearly in half from the factory default settings. The information is not in the RCBS manual, but apparently the RCBS techs are pretty forthcoming with it if you call and ask.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2010/11/tech-tip-how-to-speed-up-your-rcbs-chargemaster-1500/

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a Lyman DPS 1200 3, and I love it, takes about 20 secs to throw a 32 grain charge and 35ish secs to throw a 58 grain charge, I just loaded 100 straight cartridges and only had to redo 2 charges, cut my loading time in half, but I think you will be fine with the Pact, RCBS, or Lyman, I haven't heard anything bad about any of them, and have heard that PACT either makes both of the other two, or one of them, or parts for them, something like that...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who has one and what brand? I've found that the slowest part of my reloading process is the powder dispensing and weighing. I've currently got an RCBS Uniflow but I haven't been particularly happy with it when throwing small charges, I've found it's better to throw charges too small then use a trickler to complete it.

I've been thinking about the RCBS Chargemaster, but the Hornady is a little less expensive, anyone able to compare the two?

Get the chargemaster from Natchez.

Latest posts

Top Bottom