Enid: Man arrested for walking with assault rifle down Willow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I agree that what he did is really odd, it would be legal in Missouri. I'm shocked MO is more lenient than OK on gun laws. Remember the Mike Brown thing? The dudes on the streets with their ARs? Pretty sure they were left alone. Meanwhile loudmouthed, drunk, Missouri state senator Jamilah Nasheed was arrested with a gun in her purse. I highly doubt she was prosecuted, or even had her CCL revoked (if she had one), even though both should have happened by law. I'm sure she got special treatment as she was just profiled for sitting during the pledge of allegiance during a senate session. :puke:

It would have been a hate crime to prosecute her.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I heard, the guy was walking with it at the "low, ready" position as if seeking out targets. Couple that with as many loaded mags as he had and it looks like (I repeat, LOOKS LIKE) he was wanting some negative attention.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The article did state however that he was carrying it by the "top handle" when the LEOs arrived on scene.

If I was carrying while walking to the range, I would make sure I had a case for a rifle.

And @sbeebe, we have some archaic laws in OK. And many people here are mortified of change.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't live in Enid but am familiar with it. From his arrest location on the NW side of town, he was 3 miles south of the North city limit line, 1.5 miles East of the West city limit line, if he were headed west, he would have had to walk past an elementary school to reach the city limits to the west. Closest range was about 5 miles ENE, with another one about 15 miles SE.

Turns out I know somebody who knows him, he does own a functional vehicle.

Last edited:

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lawful or not, carrying the AMOUNT and KINDS of weapons he was only serves to make LEGAL firearm carrying folks come under MORE scrutiny, which we sure as hell do NOT need.
Nothing personal, but I think this was an unbelievable lapse of sound reasoning/judgement, and really toggles into the "just plain STUPID" category of behavior. DUMB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom