Ersland petition..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me see if I have this correct. Some of you say if Ersland had killed the criminal with the first shot it would have been OK. But, it's not OK for Ersland to have killed the criminal with more than one shot. I'm afraid that is not logical.

It's purely logical when you consider that Ersland's justification to kill the criminal is only valid when the criminal poses a threat. When the threat is no longer there, you remove the justification to kill.

Why specifically is it not logical in your opinion?

Are you aware of the facts of this case? It's not simply how many shots he fired and not being allowed to shoot more than once.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the story broke we were all on here congratulating the guy. He did a tv interview before the security cam footage was released.
It was J.P. who said "this guy really needs to keep his mouth shut." No kidding.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the story broke we were all on here congratulating the guy. He did a tv interview before the security cam footage was released.
It was J.P. who said "this guy really needs to keep his mouth shut." No kidding.

NO ... "we" were NOT all here congratulating Ersland. I have ALWAYS said that 1. it was not a good shooting and 2. he should have kept his mouth shut. If I had a generous bone in my body (as I am prone to do from time to time) I might have said "we don't have all the facts" but to me it has stuck to high heaven from the git-go.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much included myself in the "we" just to be polite.
When the security tape first came out, that's what changed everything for most of "us".
And I certainly should not have used the word "all"

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much included myself in the "we" just to be polite.

I get read you loud and clear. It's like my boss when he tells me "It would be great if we could..." and he really means "You better get your butt in gear and do this..." It's quite the diplomatic approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom