Anyone else getting a flu shot ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could start another thread but is anyone getting the Shingles Vax.
It's something I kinda dread.
I got it after I found out the odds of getting shingles was so high for people who had chickenpox.
I’ve seen people with shingles in their eyes, throat, even into their lungs . The pain is so bad even for regular shingles locations that I RAN to the pharmacy & got the shingles vax. Every vax is a risk-reward decision, but this one was a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my lifetime, I took one flu shot many years ago and got sick. Then went decades without any vaccinations until last year and got one then. I can't say I got sick from the shot, but I probably won't get any more. I've just had too many years of no shots and no flu cases to worry about it.
Hell no !!!

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken the flu shot this year and for as long as I can remember. I get the super dose 4 strain.(Older people get the big dose) They say that they nailed it this year with the strains they are seeing coming in . So should be a nice defense.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve known people who’ve had it in their 20s and 30s. No thanks, wish I could get the vax now.

One woman I know was blinded from it. Nasty stuff.
I got it after I found out the odds of getting shingles was so high for people who had chickenpox.
I’ve seen people with shingles in their eyes, throat, even into their lungs . The pain is so bad even for regular shingles locations that I RAN to the pharmacy & got the shingles vax. Every vax is a risk-reward decision, but this was a no brainer for me.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard that. Common misconception. But they are not related. You can’t catch the flu from the shot, & getting the shot doesn’t make you more susceptible to getting the flu.
going to a pharmacy with a bunch of sick people to get the shot is more likely to make someone sick than the shot (which you're right about not making people sick).

Or, their immune system reacts strongly and they feel sick for a bit (but aren't actually sick)

Latest posts

Top Bottom