How to catch an armadillo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're a lot easier to catch if you put a .22 round into it's ear. You may get a decent little gymnastics show out of it too. They're jumpy little critters. I did shoot one last summer with a subsonic 7.62x39, but no show and pile of goo in the grass. Suppressed of course because I'm a respectful neightbor.

Side note: They do tend to evacuate their bowels as they do their little dance routine and it's a nasty greasy turd.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On two separate occasions I have had armadillos bump into me while sitting against a tree squirrel hunting. I bet if you threw on some brown pants, a camo shirt, and sit down with your back on a tree in your yard they'll come run into your leg without knowing you're there. Then you just gotta tackle 'em.
Or you could stalk them in your boxers around the fence line like I do. They do indeed have terrible vision.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one digging around my yard this week also. I have gone outside with flashlight after dark and never can find one. I have had them at my back fence on Cloudy Cool drizzly days and the ole 22LR tween the eyes worked out great! I have been thinking about getting a live trap and releasing it 20 miles on the creek or river somewhere. My shooting buddy use a 22 short and gets about 10 every year in his back yard.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one digging around my yard this week also. I have gone outside with flashlight after dark and never can find one. I have had them at my back fence on Cloudy Cool drizzly days and the ole 22LR tween the eyes worked out great! I have been thinking about getting a live trap and releasing it 20 miles on the creek or river somewhere. My shooting buddy use a 22 short and gets about 10 every year in his back yard.
Why make them someone else's problem?

Latest posts

Top Bottom