How to catch an armadillo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you insist on trapping them, this is the way to do it. You can also use a long 2x8 or larger board and angle it away from the house or structure so it funnels them into the trap. I have never had luck baiting a trap for armadillos.
I have no problem shooting them, I’m just trying to figure out how to lure them out in the open without staying up all night ( us older folks need our beauty sleep) I shot one a couple weeks ago with my Shield in 9mm, Hornady Critical defense load did a superb job on it ! I’m gonna try a live trap baited with fruit or marshmallows as suggested here.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little change of subject. This about catching another yard pest. Gophers!

I have been using the traps pictured and often times the critters would just bury the traps without getting caught. I started putting a dab of peanut butter on the metal flag they need to hit to activate and the results have been much improved. Caught five in the past few weeks.

Attachments

• maxresdefault-2664510479.jpg
    maxresdefault-2664510479.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little change of subject. This about catching another yard pest. Gophers!

I have been using the traps pictured and often times the critters would just bury the traps without getting caught. I started putting a dab of peanut butter on the metal flag they need to hit to activate and the results have been much improved. Caught five in the past few weeks.
I have had to start putting a board over the hole to block out all light. Otherwise they would push dirt to fill tunnel and rarely get caught. I don't have to share my peanut butter either. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom