Anyone else getting a flu shot ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The flu shot is always a gamble. In 2022 they predict (guess) what strain of flu we will have in 2023. Some years they are close, other years it is a complete miss.

Eat right, get plenty of rest, wash your hands, most of the time you'll be fine.

Never had the flu shot, don't plan on starting.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have taken flu shots for decades, and have not had the flu, or any side effect? Covid shots are a different story! We waited a full year to take them to see what side effects came up. We finally decided to take them. My wife and I both got sicker than a dog, the next day, and were sick for two weeks. I told my family doctor this, and he ran a blood test on me, He said the antibodies created by the vaccine, were different for the antibodies caused from having the disease, I had the disease!! then we both took the prescribed booster, guess what, we both got sicker than a dog AGAIN, the same day. This time it only lasted three or four days! NO MORE COVID SHOTS FOR ME!!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The flu shot is always a gamble. In 2022 they predict (guess) what strain of flu we will have in 2023. Some years they are close, other years it is a complete miss.

Eat right, get plenty of rest, wash your hands, most of the time you'll be fine.

Never had the flu shot, don't plan on starting.
Assuming you are young, healthy, are not immunocompromised, don’t have multiple comorbidities, and are not elderly.

Last edited:

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest asking for the vaccine insert with the ingredients and researching that prior. You can never "Unvaccinate" I am 60 years old and have never had a vaccine whatsoever and I am still kicking.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mama and I are going to the Homeland pharmacy to get our yearly flu shot this morning.....the now retired doc I used to go to told me once that folks tend to get them too early and then don't have good protection after the first of the year / through the flu season and to get them right around Halloween.

We've been getting them for years and so far (knock on wood) neither one of us has come down with the flu but then I know folks that never get one and have never come down with it......just a roll of the dice I guess.

Three years ago I did get one of the stronger senior doses for old farts like me and it made me sicker than a dog so the following year I went back to the regular dose and haven't had any problems.
Everyone I know who gets flu shots… are sick people throughout the year. Since we stopped getting them years ago…. No illness problems specifically flu and colds.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably not. It's not like I ever go anywhere. 🤷 (Don't feel sorry for me! I LIKE IT THAT WAY!! 😛😁)
IMG_4636.png

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always get sick within a week of getting the shot. Talked the doc into letting me slide my last few years in the military. I retired in 2015 and will never get a flu shot again. Refused the COVID jabs as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom