Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have found many people incapable of evolution. It must skip a generation or two.
Now we're branching off into natural selection. All I know about this is that even though I have a large and powerful brain, I cannot for the life of me figure all this out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the funniest thing I have read, in the last few pages anyway, "debunknig plate tectonics". That's like debunking "the ocean does not shape the landscape". it does and will continue.

I drive across the Arkansas river every day. The sandbars change every day depending on the amount of water flow from the Hydro in the dam upstream. I'm sure the ocean does this X1000. The folks around Boston can back this up, as some houses are just mounds now under the sand.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who ever said that we evolved from chimpanzees? I've heard brother Billie Bob down at the Flat Earth Baptist church say that we didn't, but I never heard a biologist say that we did. Seems to me that we're all in agreement on this imaginary issue. Who is the person out there that claims humans evolved from apes?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who ever said that we evolved from chimpanzees? I've heard brother Billie Bob down at the Flat Earth Baptist church say that we didn't, but I never heard a biologist say that we did. Seems to me that we're all in agreement on this imaginary issue. Who is the person out there that claims humans evolved from apes?

Only the people with an agenda.

Darwin never said people evolved from apes.

He said that ape and man evolved from a common ancestor.

I guess he is right. Probably a single cell ameba, some where back in the day.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the thinking goes as follows.

Sometime ago there was a species of Ape that is related to us, chimps, and other apes. Kind of like how dogs and wolves once had a common ancestor. This species then evolved into other types of Apes. Some that were in the heart of Africa, some migrated to the coast, some migrated north and out of Africa. Well, were ever they went, they took with them their DNA. Since no Ape individual is the same as another, DNA (aka individuals) were separated from another (spatially) and could not breed. Well since these.. let's call them lineages... lived in different environments (coastal, forest, savanna, desert etc etc) different traits were adaptive. So these populations (lineages) began to change from another (remember they are not breeding with another, since there were not airplanes, trains, or cars). Many lineages went extinct. Some did not, and they grew.... A lot! Then those lineages began to spread again, migrating to different environments. Now, That INCLUDES those lineages which we call Chimps, or in general APES.

We, humans, stem from one of those successful lineages. Modern chimps stem from a different successful lineage.

If we rewind again, we can say that a long time ago, we shared the same successful lineage as apes did.

This is much easier to show in picture form. Ill look for one. But I think I got the main idea across.

In summary. We share a common ancestor with Chimps, but that ancestor lived along time ago and is now extinct. However, Part of this ancestors DNA lives in us and in chimps. Thats why our DNA matches so closely.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, Dennis didn't mean to quote you.

My aunt was a biology professor at a Christian college for 40 yrs and would laugh at the notion the world was 8000 years old. She understands adaptation, natural selection, evolution of a species and even dinosaurs.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
According to the Genesis account in 2:7, the difference between man and other aninmals is that God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being".

Being non-religious, I'll hazard a guess that this "breath of life" is the sentient soul that differentiates humans from the lower animals. Humans are alive in sentience whereas animals are dead in sentience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom