Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saying you don't believe in evolution simply means that you don't understand it. Evolution doesn't mean I came from a monkey. Species evolution can coexist with Christianity beliefs. However, ask someone in Oklahoma if they believe in evolution and they automatically think of monkeys.

To discuss evolution it really needs to be defined first! It seems a lot of people here have an incorrect definition of it.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't read all the pages in this thread but need to ask a question.

I'm a creation guy with a little evolution mixed in. I'd call it "God created" evolution for my explanation. It has been years since I read the bible and quite frankly have not read all of it, unfortunately. Some of you say you believe that it was a literal 6 day creation. What chapters/verse does this come from. I ask because when I first started going to church I aske my pastor about the whole dinosaurs, age of the earth, when man came into play, etc. IIRC, he stated, somewhat similar to Cohiba's comment that although the bible states 6 days that we don't know how long God's 6 days really were. Could Each of God's days been a billion people years, hundred million people years, million people years? Idk.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't read all the pages in this thread but need to ask a question.

I'm a creation guy with a little evolution mixed in. I'd call it "God created" evolution for my explanation. It has been years since I read the bible and quite frankly have not read all of it, unfortunately. Some of you say you believe that it was a literal 6 day creation. What chapters/verse does this come from. I ask because when I first started going to church I aske my pastor about the whole dinosaurs, age of the earth, when man came into play, etc. IIRC, he stated, somewhat similar to Cohiba's comment that although the bible states 6 days that we don't know how long God's 6 days really were. Could Each of God's days been a billion people years, hundred million people years, million people years? Idk.

FWIW - my opinion:
The Old Testament is basically a history of man, and the development of the Israelites as a nation/tribe. It tells of Creation, the fall of man, and the tumultuous ups and downs of the Israelites.
Many things have been verified by archeology, so I know the events described are not "fairy tales".
I know the early books were recorded from oral tradition, so counting on man's memory and accuracy in describing what God did, is probably leaning more on faith in man, than faith in God.

I personally have no conflict believing animals, including humans, evolve. I doubt that a chimpanzee evolved to a human, if that were true, why wouldn't all of them evolve?

Looking at wildlife, natural selection seems pretty obvious to me.

Unfortunately, we as humans tend to prevent that in our own species.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
40.media.tumblr.com_1787c0f62cdbb7d45f288d54c9c22f24_tumblr_n7a1jiUYZQ1smpm6vo1_1280.jpg

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the funniest thing I have read, in the last few pages anyway, "debunknig plate tectonics". That's like debunking "the ocean does not shape the landscape". it does and will continue.

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^ this is perhaps the most frightening part of the "information age". Anybody can make a webpage and present all sorts of ideas and hypotheses, and with strong words and effective writing skills can make a case against hot topic issues such as global warming, evolution, plate tectonics etc. Many people come across this stuff but don't realize that there is no scientific evidence supporting those hypotheses or statements. But, it will sound convincing, and people will buy into it.

The worst is when scientists use actual scientific discoveries to make conclusions about the super natural world. one example, this guy.

Just to be clear... this man knows science, and he is a professor! However, is argument is PURE conjecture. There is NO (i.e., zero) evidence of god in his presentation.

Someone said the following, either in this thread or in another about the bible.
Just because [a] is true in the bible does not mean that is also true.
Same goes for this man's logic. Just because physics works this way, doesn't mean it was created by God.
Also, he ignores many other theories that directly contradict his perception

Latest posts

Top Bottom