Hot Rod Magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know thos magazine is a little over a year or so ago, but I still love the fact I made it..

In 2019 I bought a car that was was found setting on a mountain that got hit in a mud land slide in 1975. The car set till 2018 and I went to Pennsylvania with my father in August 2019 to buy it. After I got it home, I went on a paperwork hunt and I was about to get the ship date to the dealership, a d the name of that dealership. From that point I got the invoice when they sold the car to the first owner, and able to find that person where they sent 2 pictures of the car new and some other paperwork.

This car has taken me places that I would not go normally to, Pennsylvania, St. Louis MO, Kansas City MO, and Kansas (many trips) Wisconsin and 2 trips to Dallas and jist got back from my second trip to Des Moines Ia so far. Next trip looks to be in eastern Tennessee very soon.

Once word got out that I bought the car, it has became somewhat popular. This car has been Documented by Jerry Macneish with Camaro Hi-Performance, and working with Wayne Guinn with Guinn Engineering to get the 302 with crossram set up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505_120133_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_120133_Gallery.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240505_120207_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_120207_Gallery.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 0

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Impressive story! Keep us informed when you start in on it. I know a Camaro guy, I bet there are others here that do too! Never hurts when you start needing parts!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know thos magazine is a little over a year or so ago, but I still love the fact I made it..

This car has taken me places that I would not go normally to, Pennsylvania, St. Louis MO, Kansas City MO, and Kansas (many trips) Wisconsin and 2 trips to Dallas and jist got back from my second trip to Des Moines Ia so far. Next trip looks to be in eastern Tennessee very soon.

Once word got out that I bought the car, it has became somewhat popular. This car has been Documented by Jerry Macneish with Camaro Hi-Performance, and working with Wayne Guinn with Guinn Engineering to get the 302 with crossram set up.
Kinda cornfused here.

In 2019 I bought a car that was found setting on a mountain that got hit in a mud land slide in 1975.

Ok, in 1975 a mudslide took the car and you bought it in 2019, got it.

The car set till 2018 and I went to Pennsylvania with my father in August 2019 to buy it.

??? 2018 2019? bought in 2018 or 2019? Still on mountain in 2018 0r 19?

After I got it home, I went on a paperwork hunt and I was about to get the ship date to the dealership, and the name of that dealership.

Was about to get. Did you get?

From that point I got the invoice when they sold the car to the first owner,

Apparently, you did get?

and able to find that person where they sent 2 pictures of the car new and some other paperwork.

The original owner sent you two pictures he had of his new car?

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda cornfused here.

In 2019 I bought a car that was found setting on a mountain that got hit in a mud land slide in 1975.

Ok, in 1975 a mudslide took the car and you bought it in 2019, got it.

The car set till 2018 and I went to Pennsylvania with my father in August 2019 to buy it.

??? 2018 2019? bought in 2018 or 2019? Still on mountain in 2018 0r 19?

After I got it home, I went on a paperwork hunt and I was about to get the ship date to the dealership, and the name of that dealership.

Was about to get. Did you get?

From that point I got the invoice when they sold the car to the first owner,

Apparently, you did get?

and able to find that person where they sent 2 pictures of the car new and some other paperwork.

The original owner sent you two pictures he had of his new car?
The car was found and dug out in 2018 (not by me) I bought it 2019 from the guy that bought it in 2018 and dug it out of the mud in.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing project. We have 2 projects going. Slim chance of ever getting into HRM, though. That is a feat in itself.
Having a car in Hot Rod has been one of my biggest dreams from when I was 9 years old. i was so excited when an editor reached out to me wanting to do a story on the car for an internet article. I asked him if it would be in the paper issue, and he said he dont know, but he did not think it would.

3 months later my heart skipped a beat when a friend of mine on Facebook posted a picture and tagged me into it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend found an old moonshine '68 Mustang in South Carolina in '96.
He had the car shipped to Houston. I couldn't believe he had bought that stripped hull, pos.
In 2000, he loads the '68 Boss 302 up and takes it to Charlotte, 35 year Mustang celebration at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Over 15,000 Mustangs were there. He placed 2nd.
1st place, '69 Boss 302, was from Houston, about 2 blocks down the street and they had never seen each other's car.

Got back home, about 5 weeks, gets a call from Mustang monthly, wanting to do an article. He ended up on the cover of September issue.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool side story. IDK what ever happened to him, likely long retired now, but there was once a guy that did custom upholstery in OKC at 59th and Shields. I went over to his shop with my boss once who bought and restored old vintage cars, think old 1900's, one even with the "stick steering". He was restoring a '30s Cord at the time. Anyway, when you walk into this guys office his ENTIRE office was wall to wall wallpapered with pictures out of Hot Rod, Car Craft, etc. All cars that he had done the interiors on...

Latest posts

Top Bottom