Exercise Equipment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is looking to get back in shape and wants some sort exercise equipment. She had back surgery last year and has bad neck pain also, so it can be something really vigorous. Also, she doesn't want a treadmill.

What should I be looking at?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stair climbers make me sweat almost as much as running. Next is cycling, but it's no impact which may be what your wife needs. And incumbent is a plus.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife is looking to get back in shape and wants some sort exercise equipment. She had back surgery last year and has bad neck pain also, so it can be something really vigorous. Also, she doesn't want a treadmill.

What should I be looking at?

Much can be accomplished with calisthenics.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 1 month membership to a gym that doesn't require contracts. Then she can try out several types of machines first hand and she how she handles them. It all depends on the person and their injuries on what will be comfortable for repeated use.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
you haven't specified her surgery or how long ago, but I would not suggest a rower or swimming laps for anyone who's had back surgery and is having neck trouble. as mentioned, a recumbent bike is fine, it helps keep the low back in a more stable position. an elliptical can be good too, but must be used properly (no bouncing) to prevent further back/neck injuries. without knowing her specific problems, I'd lean towards light weights, resistance bands, core strengthening exercises and add in a little cardio. unless a gym had a rehab educated staff member, I'd steer clear of them for at least a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom