FAL Guys! Where Are You???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking rifle...and I am loving those 30 rounders.

Thanks, Those 30 rounders are great, I think they are actually .308 Bren gun magazines but they fit the inch pattern rifles really well! I had heard that they had feed issues on FALs before I traded for them but I've never had any trouble with them, in fact they feed better then some of my 20rdrs.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you start off with an Australian kit? The quality of the wood stocks is very nice.

No, I found the stocks in Tulsa last year at Wanenmachers. I was going to just order them off line but I'm always cautious about ordering surplus parts like that sight unseen. Got the 30rdrs there too, was able to trade 2 for one on some metric 20rdrs I wasn't using.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice rifles gentemen! this is the sole remaining FAL in my collection. Springfield SAR 48 jungle version with the 16 inch barrel made by Imbel in Brazil.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_Picture054.jpg

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medium contour 21" barrel (flashhider is being parked) folding stock, quad rails, etc.

Leupold 4-12x40 Euro (30mm tube) with heavy German Reticle.

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_fal039.jpg

*heavier barrel barely fits in the handguards.

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_fal040.jpg

40 mm objective is a nice fit w/ Leupold medium QRW rings

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_fal041.jpg

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_fal042.jpg

Shot a couple of 1" groups today @100y. Much better than with the stock barrel. Hot barrel POI was 8" higher than "cool" barrel, but was very repeatable.

I finally set the bottom of the thin crosshair, where it meets the heavy "German" crosshair, for the cold shot. That gets the hot barrel shots right in the crosshairs at 100y, and gives me a reference for both of them.

I don't know if it will change much with the flashhider in place, but at least I know what it does right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom