Falling back in love with 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2x4 I drilled hole in and I put lollipops in it and shot those. Fun watching them blow up when you hit them. I also put golf tees and ball on them and bounce them around.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2x4 I drilled hole in and I put lollipops in it and shot those. Fun watching them blow up when you hit them. I also put golf tees and ball on them and bounce them around.

I like the lollipop idea! Cheap and easy to find. And like you say, they splode real good. Great for kids too because of all the colors. :)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks...looks perfect for reactive 100yd targets!

tried 6 different .22lr ammo to find one that stayed on target in my new CZ 252 Varmint.
.22 seems extra sensitive, ammo to barrel match

strangely enough all the std velocity "match" ammo spit all over.
cheap Federal bulk .22 and CCI Mini Mag higher velocity did the best at 100yds.

no matter what I'm shooting that particular day at the range... something that shoots .22LR always comes along.

really enjoy my S&W K-22 combat masterpiece ... something about full size S&W revolver that shoots .22lr ... an excellent way to get valid trigger time, especially when one is CCW a S&W revolver.

i like finding old shotgun hulls and shooting them.sure helps keep me on for the tree rats.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
.22lr? Never fell out of love!!! There is no other cartridge out there that can bring as much pleasure as the little .22lr. There have probably been more guns made in .22lr than any other chambering, and the sky's the limit on what can be done with the .22lr.
As of right now; 15
Anschutz 1451
Walther KKJ
Walther Model V
Remington 581LH
Marlin 39A
Marlin 60
Ruger 10/22 Youth
Ruger 10/22 Standard SS
Ruger 10/22 RSI
SW 17-3
SW 18-3
Manurhin/Walther PPK/s
Ruger MKII
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4.5"
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"

I could drag all of these to the range and three bricks of ammo, start with a smile and leave with a smile, and have put in a good three hours or better of shooting.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.22lr? Never fell out of love!!! There is no other cartridge out there that can bring as much pleasure as the little .22lr. There have probably been more guns made in .22lr than any other chambering, and the sky's the limit on what can be done with the .22lr.
As of right now; 15
Anschutz 1451
Walther KKJ
Walther Model V
Remington 581LH
Marlin 39A
Marlin 60
Ruger 10/22 Youth
Ruger 10/22 Standard SS
Ruger 10/22 RSI
SW 17-3
SW 18-3
Manurhin/Walther PPK/s
Ruger MKII
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4.5"
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"

I could drag all of these to the range and three bricks of ammo, start with a smile and leave with a smile, and have put in a good three hours or better of shooting.

that is a great collection.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep... then you would spend another 3+ hours at home
cleaning all the different guns you shot :Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom