False Brandishing Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember the officers name, I think it was Mike something, but I found out on the drive into Stroud that we went to the same high school and he tried to convince me to get my concealed carry license, of which he taught a certification class. He gave me a card which I've lost and he even sets up African safaris each year. Nice guy after I was cleared.

That might have been Mike Sexton.

Michael Brown

OKC_45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt you would be convicted. The boys would have to testify to their story. They were not going to show up. Even though they did get "lucky" that you actually had a gun.

+1. My dad's a retired Highway Patrolman of 28 years. The officer was following precedent as required by the department for stopping you and placing you in handcuffs the way he did. BUT, the bottom line is you have to be convicted in a court of law by your peers before anything can go on your record. Sure it's an inconvenience and it sucks, but those punks who called 911 (and were then long gone by the time the police arrived) aren't going to show up for court!

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but those punks who called 911 aren't going to show up for court!

What makes me mad is that there shouldn't even be a "court" and maybe there wouldn't be but it should have ended as soon as the cops couldn't get in touch with the punks to verify/identify.

This is just like the teenager who gets mad at her teacher and tells everyone he touched her inappropriately and suddenly he is in jail.

ITS JUST WRONG!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You took it much better than I would have. I would be none too pleased to have ANYONE point a gun at me based on an anonymous caller.It's a tricky situation I concede, but being on the receiving end would be a hard pill to swallow. Especially after being cuffed and scuffed with no key to release you.

been there done that. Nov 2002

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps after this incident you could have called on your cell phone(assuming you have one) and say that you were harrased by a truck full of young punks. Sort of a pre-emptive strike if you will.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue I have with calls like this, is our officers have more important things to do than take a call just because someone wants to make another persons day rough. On the other hand, karma's a *****! The teens should get in trouble for a phony call (don't know the legal term).

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
even further along those lines... w/o witnesses to sign the citation, or witnesses at all, theres not much they can do other than give you a hard time.

I mean they could unlawfully arrest you and impound the firearm, and some might even do that, but w/o the witness i believe i'm right in saying there is nothing to go on.

There has to be physical evidence of the brandishing, maybe a picture, or at the very least a witness. If they saw you brandish the weapon and hit your wife across the face with it, and your wife had bruise marks, then absolutely there is enough to go on even w/o the original witness... but otherwise, the popo is (i believe) just investigating, and then possibly blowing smoke up your ass.

I could be 100% wrong. Someone will correct me if i am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom