fave okc casual steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mad steak grilling skills have ruined me from enjoying any steak besides my own. If the steak is great, I can appreciate it and enjoy it. But if its poor, I end up thoroughly disgusted. For home, I buy great pieces of beef, season them well and cook them just how I like them. And I can load up a baked potato that would cost $20 at most steak places.

But for casual dining, I enjoy Texas Roadhouse. They have good quality steaks and know how to cook them. Their salads and baked potatoes are a little weak on the fixins, but I just endure it.

For a step above casual, Charlestons has an excellent prime rib!

For a special treat though, I always to make a trip to Mortons of Chicago from time to time.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Longhorn's steaks are a joke. Paper thin crap ribeyes, flavorless strips. Pathetic.

Saltgrass over seasons the meat and it is way too salty and disgusting. Texas Roadhouse does the same thing, but not as bad.

Cattlemens I know I will always get a tasty meal there.

Jamil's is probably my favorite place to go. Good food, great atmosphere and the service has always been superb.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed to here this negativity towards Cattleman's, I chose a Cattleman's gift card at work for my anniversary, I've never been there and I'm a relatively new steak eater (after 40 years) and I found out I love some good steak, I hope I'm not disappointed because I had plenty other choices for steak houses. My favorite so far of my very limited experience is The Longhorn, I've been three times, twice in the afternoon and the other on a busy Saturday night, the afternoon steak was the best. I found out the grill ain't bad either, dang it I'm hungry for some steak now.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cattleman's is pretty great. I don't think their prices are out of line at all. Anyone who says different probably uses A-1 anyway.

I was gonna say this, but figured I'd just piss a bunch of people off. If you like your steak with so much seasoning and a scoop of garlic butter twice as big as you should use for a 1/2lb baked potato, please, go eat at a chain steak house. Those places are fine for burgers and chicken fry, but Ann's is better.

To the dude, with the gift card, you'll be fine. have them bring you an extra bowl of house dressing, eat a rib eye or a strip, and don't have them burn it. Anything over Medium is burned. Have a couple of appetizers, including the lamb fries. If you go early they have some killer cream pie by the slice, but it doesn't last long. Don't ask for A-1.

Latest posts

Top Bottom