favorite fixed blades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorites:
Busse FNMOASH...
ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_fnmoash2.jpg

My EDC:
Chris Reeve small Sebenza.....
ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_NAArevolver.jpg

A Swiss Pioneer Bayo:

ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_k31_2.jpg

And a couple George knives....

ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_georgeknives.jpg

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sold all of these, but my favorite by far is like the 2nd one from the bottom. I've had 3, but the one I've kept isn't exactly pretty anymore. I've got a nice convex edge on it, and it's my go-to field knife; a Swamprat HRLM. To give some perspective it's 4 1/8" from tip to scales.

[Broken External Image]

Were can I find any info on the second one from the bottom. Cant find the Swamprat HRLM. I would like to pick one up.

Dustin

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice iron gents. I like the old Gerber mark I or II. Good steel that will serve you well. Many an Infantrymen can attest to that!

bwcaq

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were can I find any info on the second one from the bottom. Cant find the Swamprat HRLM. I would like to pick one up.

Dustin

The easiest route would be to check out bladeforums.com and post in the Want To Buy section. I have to admit that Swamprat knives (along with their sister companies Busse and Scrapyard) can be a little confusing for anyone new to buying them. Not impossible, but you definitely have to put in a little effort.

If you are really interested go to Swamp Rat knives, check out their forum, and get up to speed on their knives. They release knives periodically in limited runs, and many of them are single-run only knives. While it can be maddening at times it really is worth the effort. Very high caliber knives.

If you are looking for something that is somewhat comparable, and much easier to find I would recommend an RC-4 from Rat Cutlery. Knivesshipfree.com probably still stocks them, and they are based in OK so the shipping is very fast.

Hope that helps.

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, hopefully I won't screw this up: this is my baby. Bought her the same day I bought my 1911 so many many years ago. She's a Gerber Bowie. 5/16" thick at the spine. 10" blade, just over 15" overall. I've butchered and cut trees with equal ease.

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff15_jujenkai_GBowie1.jpg

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Santa came early this year. Wife got me these.

Rat Cutlery RC-4 and the Izula. Just finished doing the para cord wrap on the Izula. Both came with nice sheaths with molle attachments also.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Very well made knives!

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
these are my one off Blind Horse designs...

The ADCAP fighter and the Clydesdale Super Ute.

both or my designs and are just monsters

Attachments

• clydesdale 007.jpg
    clydesdale 007.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 80
  • adcap%20004.JPG
    adcap%20004.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 120

Latest posts

Top Bottom