Favorite Mexican Beer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tecate... preferably in a giant frozen chalice with lime juice frozen to the inside and salt around the rim.

I drink it with Mexican food... it's also good with pizza or burgers.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who enjoy their cervezas with salt and lime in a frozen schooner glass/chalice, does anyone have any tips on how to do it Chelino's style?

Most Mexican restaurants take half a lime, squeeze the juice into the mug and toss the squished lime half into the beer. Chelino's has shredded lime along the rim. I know they take half a lime, put it in their palm and press down and twist along the rim, but when I do it, I get maybe 2 little chunks of lime on my frozen mug while they're able to shred the entire lime half on the rim.

The way Chelino's serves beer is the only reason why I frequent the place. The food is just mediocre at the Edmond and MWC locations, it's horrible at the May and downtown locations.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, we've talked about our shared love for mexi beer schooners before Danny. I haven't found an effective way to reproduce the chunks of shredded lime like you talk about either though... it probably just takes practice. Mmm, it makes me want to go experiment! :)

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Modelo in the frosted margarita glass with salt and lime served on any beach in close proximity to the women's volleyball court. :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom