Favorite practical handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your favorite handgun

• Total voters

SwampPapa

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since this Forum Moderator has the attitude that his veiwpoint on guns is the only one, add if you are not a Glock Fan you shouldn't post, or you are raising hell, I'll find another Forum to post on. This Forum has the wrong name. It should be called the Oklahoma Glock Forum and the people that didn't know from the start wouldn't have joined it. MY LAST POST HERE !!!!!

I carry a GP100 (since I don't have a security six anymore) I didn't take it like that just voted under revolvers

SwampPapa

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The ruger 9mm and 45s are also not second rate.I have owned Kimbers,Colts,Sigs and Rugers.The rugers and sigs are the only ones that have not jammed or caused a malfunction.I paid a whole lot more for the colts and kimbers than I did the rugers.For the money I think ruger is a good gun.I would say that Llama is to the semi-autos what rossi is to revolvers.

seconded, the only time I have witnessed a jam with a P90 or a 345 has been when i let someone that isn't familiar with a large bore auto fire one the shooter "limp wrists' " it they've seen too many gangsta' movies they don't take a supported stance and their hand flops with the recoil to prove it to them they usually get slide bite behind their wrist then we have to correct for the whole holding too tight problem

NEVER have had any problems with any .22 from Ruger rifle, pistol or revolver

started with a three screw bearcat and a gen 1 single six through mark 3 loved every one of them

off topic : only problem ever 1st gen mini 14 went back to the factory twice never fed right

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my Walther PPS in 40 cal. As far as range shooting I prefer my little Bersa thunder 380. I believe that most fixed barrel guns would be inheritly more accurate while the new tilting barrel guns would have the edge on reliability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom