Favorite practical handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your favorite handgun

• Total voters

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted revolvers, 'cause I see no real need for a hull spitter (unless I was going house-to-house, muzzle up, in, say, Tikrit or Kandahar-maybe even OKC southside and had a real chance of gettin' into a prolonged firefight).

And naturally, since I picked wheelguns, the 1st choice would logically be a Saturday Evening Custom (sounds better than the other term), and always at the top of that list would be a 1 7/8" RG (plastic grip version) in .22LR....easy to carry/hide, and if caught, easy to convince the gendarme it's not a real gun. BUT if confronted by miscreant(s), quickly remind him (them), after the presentation of said piece, that more peeples is killed with twennytooz each year than any uther kallibur. That oughta give 'em pause....

But serially fokes....I have a double shoulder rig that holds a primary 4" fixed GP-100 (slicked a little) and a backup 5 1/2" Redhawk (also slicked a little). Since I don't do CCW, I find them both eminently practical. They never malfunction, and with my loads (developed over a loooonng period of time), will stop anything (or anyone) that might ever need stopping......and why do I believe that? 'Cause Marshall & Sanow sed so, thas why! "....the most one-shot stops recorded were for the 125gr .357 Federal Hydrashock!...." ('Course that's since been proven largely baloney, as cops are nearly always trained to at least doubletap, but anyway, their "study" sold a lotta books & made them some good $).

My take on the situation.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be hard core 1911. Then I got a Glock 27 when I got my CCL

My current favorite is my Glock 27, either stock or with the 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel.

I just got a new XD .45. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but if it is anything like my G/F XD 9mm it could be my new favorite gun.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be hard core 1911. Then I got a Glock 27 when I got my CCL

My current favorite is my Glock 27, either stock or with the 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel.

I just got a new XD .45. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but if it is anything like my G/F XD 9mm it could be my new favorite gun.

You're gonna love that XD45. A coworker of mine has one and it's VERY nice to shoot... I hit my target with it repeatedly.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said Glock. I think they are ugly, but my old gen 1 17 goes bang every time. Seems to point at the sky, but I shoot it better than any other auto I own. Feels clumsy, but works great. Needed lots of TLC, and Glock did it all for free though I may be the tenth owner.

Last in the beauty competition, but a fine tool for what it's intended. And, if you drop it in the water, it's supposed to float. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom