Tell me about the Ruger LCP Max .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 ,a standard lcp max , a 75th anniversary and a lcp max elite. I like them all and they are so easy to carry you forget you have it , but I have big hands and sometimes when shooting fast my trigger finger gets a little pinch.
I will say when the boss lady and I went to lunch today I carried my max 9 in a owb kydex holster and it felt like carrying a brick compared to the lcp max. made my hip hurt

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 ,a standard lcp max , a 75th anniversary and a lcp max elite. I like them all and they are so easy to carry you forget you have it , but I have big hands and sometimes when shooting fast my trigger finger gets a little pinch.
I will say when the boss lady and I went to lunch today I carried my max 9 in a owb kydex holster and it felt like carrying a brick compared to the lcp max. made my hip hurt

What's the difference betwixt the Max and the Max Elite?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Palmetto has a stainless slide version for $250 right now but it comes with 10 round mags for states with restrictions. They also have 2-packs of 12-round mags for $46. So you can get a gun with 3 mags for just under $300 (+ tax/shipping).

So other than a C note and a stainless slide, what's the difference in a plain ol' LCP Max and the 75th anniversary edition? :anyone:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the slide serrations are different. In fact, I like the "traditional" style of those on the anniversary model better.
never noticed that before ,my wife carry's the anniversary .... I just went and looked and the anniversary doesn't have the little cocking wings on the back of the slide the others have

Justwippet2006

Marksman
Reaction score
Check out the S&W Bodyguard 2.0. It is basically a micro M&P in .380 that weighs less than 10 ounces. It's about the same size as the LCP but comes with a 12 round mag with an extension that would probably fit your hand a little better. Most importantly, it is a LOT more pleasant to shoot than the LCP. The beaver tail is cut pretty high so you can get a much better grip. It's selling for $399 so it's a bit pricier but it was worth it to me. I've got about 500 rounds through mine with no failures and my LCP II and G42 are in the safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom