Favorite practical handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your favorite handgun

• Total voters
Reaction score
Really? Reviving from 2005, 5 years old? :rolleyes:

I wish someone would re-do this mega-thread/poll, utilizing all 20 poll options with updated new options that are on the market. But in the correct forum this time, mind you. Above it says put your thread in the correct forum or get banned - I guess that must be a new rule....

Gotta be at least 10% less NOW who like Blocks, since they probably had them melt when left out in the sun in the last 5 years, or their dogs chewed them up, and/or whatnot!

It's a topsy-turvy world I tell's ya - Obama gets elected and Blocks are still popular - goes to show you that style and marketing hype trump substance every time in America! YMMV :)

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to check revolver since that's all I currently have. S&W Chief's Special and a NAA Mini in .22Mag.

I'd prefer my Colt Walker, but it's 1/4 inch too long to be legal for a concealed carry weapon. If you miss with a Walker you still get this::flamed:

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old trusty Glock 17

+1, guns in my safe get rotated in and out, but the 17 always stays, tough, reliable, accurate, easy to work on & maintain, high capacity, lower cost ammo, parts availablity, and you can attach a light on or off in less than a second.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Reviving from 2005, 5 years old? :rolleyes:

I wish someone would re-do this mega-thread/poll, utilizing all 20 poll options with updated new options that are on the market. But in the correct forum this time, mind you. Above it says put your thread in the correct forum or get banned - I guess that must be a new rule....

Gotta be at least 10% less NOW who like Blocks, since they probably had them melt when left out in the sun in the last 5 years, or their dogs chewed them up, and/or whatnot!

It's a topsy-turvy world I tell's ya - Obama gets elected and Blocks are still popular - goes to show you that style and marketing hype trump substance every time in America! YMMV :)

Style and marketing over substance? Few people would call the Glock, with its blockish frame and colorless appearance, "stylish". What is "substantially" not practical about a Glock? Mine is concealable, accurate, and dead reliable, while still being about the most resilient thing I own. You can leave them in the sun, snow, rain, sleet, hail, or hurricane, and they still go bang and hit what they're aimed at. If anything, there's probably 10% more who like Glocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom