Favorite war movies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really a big fan of war movies...

I remember seeing a comedic one as a kid, but don't remember the title. It was WWII, and the crew had to leave the port in a sub that was primered, but not painted yet. So it was sort of a pink color.

Along the way, they rescued a bunch of nurses from a hospital ship (I think?). So they had these women always in the way, along with lingerie hanging everywhere.

One scene that sticks in my mind... they were doing reconnaissance along enemy shores, and one of the girls came through, lost her balance, and accidently hit a lever that fired a torpedo toward the beach. It went up on the beach, hit a military vehicle and exploded.

One of the guys told the skipper, "We just sunk a truck!"

Probably too silly to watch as an adult anyway. :D
:drunk2:

I believe that was "Operation: Petticoat"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Petticoat

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a big fan of war movies...

I remember seeing a comedic one as a kid, but don't remember the title. It was WWII, and the crew had to leave the port in a sub that was primered, but not painted yet. So it was sort of a pink color.

Along the way, they rescued a bunch of nurses from a hospital ship (I think?). So they had these women always in the way, along with lingerie hanging everywhere.

One scene that sticks in my mind... they were doing reconnaissance along enemy shores, and one of the girls came through, lost her balance, and accidently hit a lever that fired a torpedo toward the beach. It went up on the beach, hit a military vehicle and exploded.

One of the guys told the skipper, "We just sunk a truck!"

Probably too silly to watch as an adult anyway. :D
:drunk2:

Pffftttt...

...I'm 73 (nearly 74) and I own the DVD for Operation Petticoat. Now that you mention it, I need to dig it out and watch it again.

Also, my list:

In Harm's Way (John Wayne, Kirk Douglas)
The Bridge at Remagen
Battleground (all star cast)
The Battle of the Bulge (all star cast)
Sergeant York (Gary Cooper)
55 Days in Peking (Charleston Heston)

And another that was set in WWII but not really a "war" movie was Father Goose with Cary Grant and Leslie Caron. That one is about an apathetic, vagabond with a boat trying to avoid the war, but gets roped into being a coast watcher. I own that DVD as well. In fact, I have all that I listed except The Bridge at Remagen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom