Favorite Zombie Movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiant_shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, Halloween is right around the corner. What is every ones favorite zombie flick? There are literally thousands to choose from, but my all time favorite is the ORIGINAL Dawn of the Dead. I have watched it at least 20 times.

[Broken External Image]

radiant_shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
By far, the new dawn of the dead is the best. Track star zombies are scary as hell.

Really? I guess it just comes down to personal preference. I'm more of a fan of the traditional slow, stupid zombies. I definitely would rather be fighting them than this new age breed of smart fast zombies.

Plus, the beauty of the original dawn of the dead is how terrible the makeup and effects are. To me that makes the movie. Some zombies have makeup, others don't... the blood is orange. Love it.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either the original Dawn or the remake. Romero dropped the ball with Day of the Dead and every attempt after. I like 28 days later also even though that's an "infected" movie rather than zombie. Most of the Italian zombie movies are hilarious too.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original Dawn of the Dead. The remake was good. Most new zombie movies are just plain stupid. It's the same with the zombie stories. I have purchased several anthologies of zombie short stories. For every good story, there are five dumb ones about the zombie hero, or zombie romance or zombie civilization. They have corrupted zombie fiction just like they did vampire fiction. What the hell ever happened to good vs. evil?

Looking forward to the AMC show.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original Night of the Living Dead is my favorite. Dawn, Day, The Savini Remake of Night, Return of the Living Dead, The Dawn remake are all top notch. As far as running zombies go, they aren't really new age. Zombies ran in Return and The Dead Next Door and a couple others I can't think of at the moment. I'm anxious for Halloween to get here and to watch The Walking Dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom