FBI sniper rifle and AR stolen from SWAT vehicle by 16 year old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't a sheriff or PD. It was the freakin FBI SWAT! I'm thinking the go fast stuff was likely still there.

Depends. OCPD has some stuff with the fun switch, as well as a suppressed 10/22 for taking out lights etc. All depends on the job role. Not all Sheriff's and PD's will uninstall that stuff. Look at the boats just put out by TDPS, or the stuff Sheriff Joe has.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's always been stealing. Even mentions it in the Old Testament. But now there's a full auto out there that can rip through an officer's windshield before he can say "sh-t!"

Edit: Just think about what if General Custer had just one of those babies at the Little Big Horn...

Or if the tribes had a number of them...they'd have kept their land and not had to live on reservations and be treated like second class citizens... ;)

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The tribes had pretty good weapons from what the forensics imply. A lot of repeating rifles. And the battle was lop sided. Possibly, this battle was a history changer, in that Custer had major newspaper reporters with him from back East and an eye on running for President. He wanted to move fast, and decided not to bring two Gatling guns because he felt they'ed slow him down. A reckless, risk taking officer, it is difficult for me to decide if he thought he was protected by Divine Providence or had a death wish. Although a colonel upon his death, in the Civil War when the Army was bigger, he was a General, having graduated near or at the bottom of his class at West Point. Careless with the lives of his men, and his own, he led from the front - taking the same risks. Blessed with good looks and luck, his luck ran out - at the Little Big Horn.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tribes had pretty good weapons from what the forensics imply. A lot of repeating rifles. And the battle was lop sided. Possibly, this battle was a history changer, in that Custer had major newspaper reporters with him from back East and an eye on running for President. He wanted to move fast, and decided not to bring two Gatling guns because he felt they'ed slow him down. A reckless, risk taking officer, it is difficult for me to decide if he thought he was protected by Divine Providence or had a death wish. Although a colonel upon his death, in the Civil War when the Army was bigger, he was a General, having graduated near or at the bottom of his class at West Point. Careless with the lives of his men, and his own, he led from the front - taking the same risks. Blessed with good looks and luck, his luck ran out - at the Little Big Horn.

I pretty much always felt it was his recklessness and lack of military training.
While his bravery can't be called into question, his knowledge of tactics can be.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pretty much always felt it was his recklessness and lack of military training.
While his bravery can't be called into question, his knowledge of tactics can be.

And luck. He was a lucky guy. Until the Little Big Horn. He was a darling of the Press, and personally I feel he would have won the Presidency via the Press, family connections, and Civil War buddies of political stature. I think he would have swung the course of American History - which way I do not know. But when he crossed the Little Big Horn, he crossed his Rubicon into the annals of History.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends. OCPD has some stuff with the fun switch, as well as a suppressed 10/22 for taking out lights etc. All depends on the job role. Not all Sheriff's and PD's will uninstall that stuff. Look at the boats just put out by TDPS, or the stuff Sheriff Joe has.

I know that Moore PD has certain items that have the "boost" switch still wired up and ready also.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The tribes had overwhelming firepower in this battle. One M16 in the hands of a skilled marksman could have driven off the hordes. In one account I've read, Custer might have gotten hit in the chest at a creek before the real fighting even began. Although his buckskin would have slowed the impetus of the round, he was nevertheless mortally wounded if this actually occurred, and could account in part for the rapid disintegration of his command and control. Eye witness accounts assert that a man wearing a buckskin jacket and a large hat took a chest wound and fell from his horse at the creek. He had been mounted next to a guy carrying a guidon. He was assisted back onto his saddle. No one can say for certain if this was Custer.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's always been stealing. Even mentions it in the Old Testament. But now there's a full auto out there that can rip through an officer's windshield before he can say "sh-t!"

Edit: Just think about what if General Custer had just one of those babies at the Little Big Horn...

Them Indians would have been really happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom