February Practical Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Justen, come to the 3-gun match the weekend before.

That match at Oil Capitol is pretty fun stuff. They do a great job on target presentation and scenarios. (Not sure why I would guard my sisters wedding with only 3 rounds in my magazine! :) ) Take plenty of rifle ammo and a few for the ol' pistol. They use vickers scoring, which is pretty fun and challenging. You might want to look that up unless you are an IDPA guy already.

Hope one of the guys that run it will jump on and give you more info. See you on the 30th!

Mike

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justen, come to the 3-gun match the weekend before.

That match at Oil Capitol is pretty fun stuff. They do a great job on target presentation and scenarios. (Not sure why I would guard my sisters wedding with only 3 rounds in my magazine! :) ) Take plenty of rifle ammo and a few for the ol' pistol. They use vickers scoring, which is pretty fun and challenging. You might want to look that up unless you are an IDPA guy already.

Hope one of the guys that run it will jump on and give you more info. See you on the 30th!

Mike

I would like to attend the 3 gun as well, there is only one problem. I lack a suitable shotgun for this type of shooting........

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are already a couple people that will be running my shotgun. You are more than welcome to squad with us and run it too... just come prepared to have a good time!

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not an expert. I did my first 3 gun in October and my first Practical Rifle in December. It is different but I like the mandatory mag changes. Its less about time and more about accuracy, I mean thats what I got out of it. Sure time is still important but in a survival situation a nice balance of time and accuracy will be more vital than just shooting fast and and having to do make up shots. It just has a different feel to me than 3 gun. Both are a blast!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate the offers, let me see if I can make it up there to this one... I hope to at least make the practical rifle, but.........

If you have time you should at least come and watch the 3 gun match for a few minutes. It will highten your desire to participate in the next match and it will give you a better idea of the safety and range commands that you can expect at the practical rifle match.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have time you should at least come and watch the 3 gun match for a few minutes. It will highten your desire to participate in the next match and it will give you a better idea of the safety and range commands that you can expect at the practical rifle match.

Is it in OKC? If it is, I def will come sit in on one for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom