Feel safer with TSA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bumbling TSA agent “playing around” with a pepper-spray container at Kennedy Airport fired the caustic liquid at five fellow screeners yesterday, sending all six to the hospital, a source told The Post.

The agent, Chris Yves Dabel, discovered the device at the Terminal 2 security checkpoint and tried to determine if it was real, a source told The Post.

He told Port Authority cops that he “found the canister on the floor and thought it was a laser pointer.”

“They were playing around with it,” said one Kennedy Airport official.

The screener sprayed five other TSA agents around him, sending all six to Jamaica Hospital and halting security checks at Kennedy for at least 15 minutes, police said.

No passengers reported injuries. Dabel refused medical attention.

TSA officials scrambled to keep the embarrassing incident under wraps yesterday — until The Post began inquiring about it, a source said.

The agency has been plagued with a rash of humiliating incidents at area airports — including the failure of Newark screeners in February to catch an undercover fed with a fake explosive stuffed in his pants at either of two checkpoints.

Authorities have called for a top-to-bottom review of that airport’s procedures.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The TSA is worthless as an agency to protect travelers. The sole purpose of the TSA is to get the public used to willing to give up rights to a government employee in a uniform. Keep in mind they attract the power hungry wanna be cop types that could never hack it as even a small town police officer. Basically the lowest of the low from top to bottom.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went through pepper spray training in CLEET to be able to carry it if desired. They sprayed us directly in the eyes with it and we had to fight off two people and retain control of our weapon for three minutes.. Then we had a tank sprayer full of water and Johnsons Baby Shampoo to spray out eyes with for the rest of the class period. I had no idea the human body could generate so much snot...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went through pepper spray training in CLEET to be able to carry it if desired. They sprayed us directly in the eyes with it and we had to fight off two people and retain control of our weapon for three minutes.. Then we had a tank sprayer full of water and Johnsons Baby Shampoo to spray out eyes with for the rest of the class period. I had no idea the human body could generate so much snot...

Lol, I did the CS spray in Basic Training. Twin rivers of snot! Yuck!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Screw the snot..... some of this newer stuff (SabreRed in particular) is so painful, I'd rather be repeatedly be kicked in the crotch than to be sprayed again.

Anybody who doesn't believe how painful it is... is welcome to come over one day and take a hit.

Seriously, that was miserable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw the snot..... some of this newer stuff (SabreRed in particular) is so painful, I'd rather be repeatedly be kicked in the crotch than to be sprayed again.

Anybody who doesn't believe how painful it is... is welcome to come over one day and take a hit.

Seriously, that was miserable.

Is that like a bear spray?

The bear sprays are supposed to be much stronger than those used on humans? I don't know for sure, just read something on it awhile back.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TSA are high school dropouts perpetuating the illusion of security.

I would feel safer with monkeys doing airport screening, if nothing else it might at least be amusing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom