Felons visiting? Guns in my House?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are not the one who will get in trouble, it is the ex-felon(s) who would be in trouble.

Just lock them up so that they have no access to them and no one will get into trouble.

However if the case is that you don't want them there then just call the cops and let them know you have an arsenal and you have felons coming over.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, You wouldn't want him to come in your house or never mention that you own weapons. Never know what he is thinking. Just say no rather than cry later..

You seem to assume that a felony conviction means someone is a bad person that should never ever be trusted.

You might want to check up on the "model citizens" in your area. Seriously. 1 in 50 Americans are convicted felons.

I've met some very prominent business leaders who have felony convictions. And you wouldn't know it until you checked up on them...

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You seem to assume that a felony conviction means someone is a bad person that should never ever be trusted.

You might want to check up on the "model citizens" in your area. Seriously. 1 in 50 Americans are convicted felons.

I've met some very prominent business leaders who have felony convictions. And you wouldn't know it until you checked up on them...

I agree, people make mistakes and they pay their debt to society, not all of course but you can't judge until you give people a chance. My brother in law is a felon and we visit every weekend and I have guns in my house. Family comes first though and I will not treat my bro like society does just because I own firearms and I don't have a felony. He knows I have guns but they are not out for everyone to play with, not accessible. Not because he comes over but because they always are, I have kids. Same if I was a cop and one of my family members were going 10 over, I would let them go.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as they are not accessible and he does not live there (i.e. visiting) then you have nothing to worry about. As for the other topic (trusting felons), there's no need to judge a person just because they have a felony. Hell, i was buying guns for several years, even got pulled over once, and nothing happened. Then i applied for an apartment one day and the lady called me and said i had a felony on my record. Turns out i bonced a check seven years earlier. Bank never called, company i wrote the check to never called, nothing. I had to go downtown and pay a lot more than the check was worth and it was expunged from my record. Also during that time i joined the Marines and got my CCL. Just sayin, definitly can't judge just from a title.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more. I have a buddy who went a little crazy with the drinking while in the Marine Corps and got himself a felony DUI but now he's paid his debt and is one of the nicest people you would ever meet. He also owns his own buisiness now and is doing extraordinarily well at it.... sober I might add.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
it can depend on the state also, what may be a minor charge in one state could carry a heftier penalty in another.. i seethe need to have that label on some, but agree that many have felony records that really may have gotten them for being in wrong place at wrong time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom