Finally Closed the Deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice buck so he was at the feeder this morning?
He was "at" the feeder this evening, but I think he's trolling for does. That feeder is only set to run 3 seconds twice a day, so there isn't much corn to be had. The does vacuum it up pretty quick. He came in quite a bit in Sept and early October, but he's been MIA until the last few days.
Truthfully, I would prefer to leave him another year, but where this picture was taken is only about 200 yards from the neighbors feeder set up on my south fence. He would be the biggest buck my son has ever killed too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One the other guides on our OYH&SP hunt last week was biologist on one of the OK Federal Refuges. Was pretty interesting to see and hear about some of the bucks they watch year after year. Some grow, some don't, some max out early...............one was an incredible typical, and the next year it was similar, but developed some incredible non-typical points everywhere. Then the very next year it was back to the normal giant typical rack!

How do they know its the same buck without some radio collar?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do they know its the same buck without some radio collar?

It's not an exact science, but I can distinguish many of the bucks on my place as they grow. The rack shape/configuration is typically similar from year to year. I get thousands of game cam pictures a year, and I tend to keep the buck pictures for at least a couple years for comparison. Like I said though, it's not an exact science.

Latest posts

Top Bottom