Finest 9mm Service Auto Ever (Poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you pick

• Sig P226

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Glock 17

Votes: 64 45.1%
  • HK USP 9

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Beretta 92F

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Browning Hi Power

Votes: 25 17.6%

• Total voters

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel's off his Meds again!lol

No; I took 'em...I think. Didn't I? Or maybe it was an extra vigoro I took instead...and I sure don't know why I still got hemorrhoids; I been using that damn Preparation H stuff for over a month now and my butt still hurts, but man can I ever whistle a lot better nowI

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can you NOT love this gun(.40 limited).....?

DSC00007.JPG

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned all of those except for the G17 (I will admit to having once briefly owned a G19), and the one I'd take, hands down, no contest, is my P226. In addition to being remarkably accurate, it is, no lie, the most reliable machine I've ever owned--the thing just runs. It'll run dirty, it'll run clean, it'll run if you limp-wrist it, and it's run reliably on every random brand and style of boolit I've fed it over the last 20+ years. Hell, it'll even reliably feed empty cases (I used to mix them in for error-handling exercises).

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock, because it is the only one listed that doesn't have a ****** heavy first round trigger pull followed by a super-long travel for subsequent shots, like all DA/SAs have, or doesn't require a manual safety to carry cocked and loaded. The fact that it is the lightest weight doesn't hurt either.

What feels good in the hands is not a concern that is even on my list. You pick the best tool for the job and train with it until it IS comfortable.

Okie11B

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back. Very valid points. As for the lack of CZ75 I noted I just went with "coalition" paramilitary guns. The CZ75 is exceptional. I worded the title wrong, "finest ever" would include the P210 and P7 in quality, accuracy and aesthetics. I think they are dare I say severely lacking as a duty/combat pistol. Parts availability, capacity, and I don't know if you guys have shot P7s as much as I have but good lord almighty too many rounds and they will give you 3rd degree burns on your hand. The P7 is a collectors item and can be a great carry gun for a discerning CCW holder. My choice is the USP9, the most bomb proof handgun I have ever owned next to my HK45. I run mine variant 9 which controls are same as a 1911.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back. Very valid points. As for the lack of CZ75 I noted I just went with "coalition" paramilitary guns. The CZ75 is exceptional. I worded the title wrong, "finest ever" would include the P210 and P7 in quality, accuracy and aesthetics. I think they are dare I say severely lacking as a duty/combat pistol. Parts availability, capacity, and I don't know if you guys have shot P7s as much as I have but good lord almighty too many rounds and they will give you 3rd degree burns on your hand. The P7 is a collectors item and can be a great carry gun for a discerning CCW holder. My choice is the USP9, the most bomb proof handgun I have ever owned next to my HK45. I run mine variant 9 which controls are same as a 1911.
Carry the P7 everyday, and, yes, I've shot one quite a little bit. As for a duty/combat pistol, they were issued to West German Special Forces (to include the vaunted GSG-9 unit) back in the 1980s, and Dick Marcinko, the legendary first CO of Seal Team Six, adopted one as his personal sidearm after some cross-training exercises with the GSG-9 commandos. All of mine are surplus police pistols, having served with the West German Federal Police forces. They may not be in service today, but they have been, which would qualify them for your "Finest...Ever" poll. They would get my vote.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its not a popular choice, but having carried an M9 on a couple deployments and having my own that I've used in 3 different tactical training courses I voted for the 92F (essentially the same as the M9). I've put mine thru hell and it has yet to fail on me. I know Glocks are super popular, but I cannot get used to their triggers. I've shot a couple of my buddies' G19s and G17s and they are just not for me. I may be the only member on this forum to choose a 92F/M9 over a Glock haha.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its not a popular choice, but having carried an M9 on a couple deployments and having my own that I've used in 3 different tactical training courses I voted for the 92F (essentially the same as the M9). I've put mine thru hell and it has yet to fail on me. I know Glocks are super popular, but I cannot get used to their triggers. I've shot a couple of my buddies' G19s and G17s and they are just not for me. I may be the only member on this forum to choose a 92F/M9 over a Glock haha.

I would choose it over a glock as well, but I would still choose the hi power first.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Latest posts

Top Bottom