Firearm Handling Fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Academy Sports has added a firearm handling fee to their gun prices! It’ll be interesting to see if others follow suit.

It allows them to (falsely IMO) advertise a cheap price.

Thoughts?

33E3F894-918A-424F-B64B-CFAE9F2F8D5A.jpeg

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not from inventory, but, for example, if you buy a lower from Brownells and have it sent to your nearest Academy Sports then Academy will charge you $60 for the transfer.

The FFL finder at Buds Gun Shop has always been a good way to find cheap transfers. For those of us here in OKC, Morris Sporting Goods is still doing them for $10. Probably one of the last kitchen table FFLs in existence. Nice guy.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ffl.php

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems everything runs it’s course.

Academy used to be a great place to pick up some bargains. Friendly people, good merchandise. They’ve gone down hill as they’ve expanded.

I’m seeing the same evolution at Atwood’s. It seems nothing good ever lasts forever!

I try to do business with smaller family owned businesses. May cost a tad more but I feel better about spending my money with them. It’s getting harder to find those places though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom