First AR build, and custom 590A1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are great looking weapons.

I'm curious though, is there a reason you have the red dot site so far forward? If not, you are just limiting your field of view the farther you have it away from your eye. It also slows your site picture/site alignment time.

The army disagrees with you. From FM 3-22.9 (RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP M16A1, M16A2/3, M16A4 and M4 CARBINE), section 2-5 b.:

The M68 mounts directly to the integrated rail on top of the M16A4 and M4-series weapons (in place of the carrying handle). The half-moon spacer (1) should be installed to raise the M68 above the front sight post but the M68 can still be fired without the spacer. The soldier's preference dictates exactly which notch the M68 is mounted to. Although any notch is acceptable, testing has shown that the farther away the M68 is from the soldier's eyes, the better his field of view.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious though, is there a reason you have the red dot site so far forward? If not, you are just limiting your field of view the farther you have it away from your eye. It also slows your site picture/site alignment time.
It's so I can mount my QD 3x magnifier right behind it. :thumb:

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glen, those look awesome!

I want a CTR for my next build, I like the simplicity and lines on the stock. Nice rail!

I think that shotty probably still might mess up your neck, and in the interest of saving you some pain, I will trade you a box of 9mm for it right now.......

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that shotty probably still might mess up your neck, and in the interest of saving you some pain, I will trade you a box of 9mm for it right now.......
LOL, ya between the reduced-recoil loads and the Knoxx recoil-reducing stock, it's not too bad. If my condition gets worse, maybe I should get a Vang Comp comp'd barrel to round out my "girly" gun? ;)

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those look very nice, I have never seen an 18.5" mossy with the +2 extension that is badass.
Thanks. Ya, it took a while to have the +2 made for it, but it was worth it. I find the 20" models are too big - this gives me the best of both worlds; compact shotty with high capacity.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are great looking weapons.

Huh? Actualy the opposite is true. Not only is your FOV greater but the dot will appear sooner the further you have it out.

Edit... Doh I see steve beat me to it as usual!

Good looking guns Sarge!

Latest posts

Top Bottom