first confirmed pig in our area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The river is quite a travel corridor. Seen a really nice buck chasing a doe on the East side of the highway south of the river in the field below the "Silkwood" plant a couple of years ago.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to hear this , my farm isn't far from you, west of Guthrie off highway 33, less than a mile from the Cimarron, haven't seen a pig on my place yet, but my other farm east of I 35 in Logan County is covered up with them, figured it was just a matter of time

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the pigs getting on you. It's a matter of time before we all have them.

Hoping our lack of cover will keep them from taking off. There's been a group of 10-20 about 10 miles SW of me for about 12 years now. One or two will get trapped or shot, then they'll disappear for a while, then someone will shoot a couple more, then disappear again. Sometimes they're around in the winter, sometimes in the summer. I think the last time they were spotted was about 2 years ago now.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hoping to find one on my place but apparently they are pretty rare in city neighborhoods. I have a flat roof so I could build a heck of a stand LOL.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Your correct about our local area.
The county around the river is most likely to be over ran when it comes.

No doubt there, wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some already there. I know of a landowner who was cutting corn last week south of Ponca on the river who bumped some while cutting. Not sure of exact location. He did the same a couple of years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom