first confirmed pig in our area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt there, wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some already there. I know of a landowner who was cutting corn last week south of Ponca on the river who bumped some while cutting. Not sure of exact location. He did the same a couple of years ago.

Ups guy said he sees them south of me. Many miles, but it's the same river. Doesn't take a pig long to travel some miles.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoping our lack of cover will keep them from taking off. There's been a group of 10-20 about 10 miles SW of me for about 12 years now. One or two will get trapped or shot, then they'll disappear for a while, then someone will shoot a couple more, then disappear again. Sometimes they're around in the winter, sometimes in the summer. I think the last time they were spotted was about 2 years ago now.

From my experience with wild pigs over the last 20 years, they don't require much cover, but they are always looking for a food source. Ya'll have got the food, and I'm a little surprised they haven't infested that area yet. Our pigs here are very nomadic, and they will be on my place for a day or two to a week and be gone for a week or two or maybe even a month. They always come back though. I just deleted pig pictures from my game cam that were taken around midnight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom