First Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, okay. What exactly causes BTF?

That's the million dollar question. There have been tons of theory's on it, most believe it's the extractor or the ejector. I have read a lot about the apex extractor and that it will fix it, if you have the issue. Some say the older ones do it, some say the new ones do it. I had one 19 that did it more than the others. It was not that often and it did not bother me. My current 19 gen4 has never had an issue of any kind. It does not effect the function of the gun.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the million dollar question. There have been tons of theory's on it, most believe it's the extractor or the ejector. I have read a lot about the apex extractor and that it will fix it, if you have the issue. Some say the older ones do it, some say the new ones do it. I had one 19 that did it more than the others. It was not that often and it did not bother me. My current 19 gen4 has never had an issue of any kind. It does not effect the function of the gun.

Welp, if that is the main or only concernable issue with it, I'm not at all deterred. I'll follow my heart and make my first ever handgun the Gen IV Glock 19. Now... I just need to bide myself until pay day in half a month...

Latest posts

Top Bottom