First Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went over to Sooner's South location and handled the Gen III and Gen IV 19s they have. So far, I absolutely love the feel of the Gen IV but I'm also leery of the reports various jams. What do you guys think?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went over to Sooner's South location and handled the Gen III and Gen IV 19s they have. So far, I absolutely love the feel of the Gen IV but I'm also leery of the reports various jams. What do you guys think?

The reports are real. If you can find a new or nice used gen 3, that's what I'd get.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are a commodity item, buy a used one at market price and if you don't take to it you can resell it for what you have in it. Almost zero risk.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maaaaan. Will Glock do anything if you send it in? I think I heard that it was the firing pin or the spring and if you change that out with a Gen III, you're good as gold.

Never had an issue with any of the 5 gen4 19's I have had. My wife's gen3 26 will give you brass the the face 1 per 300ish rounds. Only her, I have not had to do it to me. Maybe something in her grip? Out of the almost 20 glocks I have been through in the last 2.5 years, I have had zero gun related issues. I have had maybe 5 ammo related malfunctions when shooting reloads, zero with factory ammo. Thats in 10,000 plus rounds. This would be why I have 4 glocks and no other handguns right now. I'm not against others, the glocks work for me and have been reliable, so I stick with them.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had an issue with any of the 5 gen4 19's I have had. My wife's gen3 26 will give you brass the the face 1 per 300ish rounds. Only her, I have not had to do it to me. Maybe something in her grip? Out of the almost 20 glocks I have been through in the last 2.5 years, I have had zero gun related issues. I have had maybe 5 ammo related malfunctions when shooting reloads, zero with factory ammo. Thats in 10,000 plus rounds. This would be why I have 4 glocks and no other handguns right now. I'm not against others, the glocks work for me and have been reliable, so I stick with them.

I may try to pick up a Gen IV when I get paid and see how it is. Main reason why is that it comes with that third mag. I can go to Sooner and get a Gen III for 450 but getting just one more mag will run me about as much as the Gen IVs they have priced and I may as well get the added bonuses of the GenIV for whatever difference there is.

I just want to know if Glock will do anything about the jams before I set my heart on the Gen IV.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may try to pick up a Gen IV when I get paid and see how it is. Main reason why is that it comes with that third mag. I can go to Sooner and get a Gen III for 450 but getting just one more mag will run me about as much as the Gen IVs they have priced and I may as well get the added bonuses of the GenIV for whatever difference there is.

I just want to know if Glock will do anything about the jams before I set my heart on the Gen IV.

They don't jam. The only real issue anybody complains about is erratic brass ejections, commonly called BTF, brass to the face. They guns don't stop working. They will malfunction, all mechanical devices do, but again all mine have been ammo issues. Honestly, you are worried about nothing.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't jam. The only real issue anybody complains about is erratic brass ejections, commonly called BTF, brass to the face. They guns don't stop working. They will malfunction, all mechanical devices do, but again all mine have been ammo issues. Honestly, you are worried about nothing.

Lol, okay. What exactly causes BTF?

Latest posts

Top Bottom