First official Buffalo Goring of the tourist season at Yellowstone Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Yellowstone two years ago. It was amazing to see the full on stupidity around wild animals that people exibited. We saw people with young children in tow walk right up to bison.
People were literally screaming at the idiots to GTFO of there. Those animals are huge!
Evidently the idiots watched the Bambi movie too many times.
View attachment 484212
We took our son and nephew several years ago and was talking to one of the Rangers, and she said they actually have people ask them when they let the animals out.
We also saw a whole lot of stupidity.It was amazing that it could all be in one place.

Hooper

Marksman
Reaction score
They will always be American Buffalo to me.
Indians are Native American not Indigenous people.
Reason being is my Age, and how I was raised in Indian, Buffalo Country. Southwest Oklahoma.
I have raised and been gored by Buffalo. Makes it a pleasure to Eat them too.
All the Indians I know call them Buffalo, and they have a somewhat Spiritual Connection to the Buffalo.
So I will continue to call them what they are, out of Much respect for my Native Oklahoma Brothers and Sisters.
Younger Generations and Non Natives may be different and call them Bison and Indigenous accordingly, I have learned what they are talking about. They do not have the same connection as I and have been educated in a different time period, and that is Ok.
Change is Inevitable.
Beware though, Buffalo and Old People may be Cranky and attack when bothered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom