Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent workout today. Jerked 205 pretty easily and after a ton or working sets...I think 225 isn't out of the question for a true max right now. Finally getting a strength base developed and able to increase workout load. Looking forward to heavy snatch pulls tomorrow.

Question for everyone -> What is your Post Workout nutrition like? I was brought up to believe the 2:1 ratio of high glycemic carbs to protein was optimal. And for this reason I usually mix up pineapple juice and unflavored whey isolate. That or just drink a ton of 1% milk :P

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent workout today. Jerked 205 pretty easily and after a ton or working sets...I think 225 isn't out of the question for a true max right now. Finally getting a strength base developed and able to increase workout load. Looking forward to heavy snatch pulls tomorrow.

Question for everyone -> What is your Post Workout nutrition like? I was brought up to believe the 2:1 ratio of high glycemic carbs to protein was optimal. And for this reason I usually mix up pineapple juice and unflavored whey isolate. That or just drink a ton of 1% milk :P

Nesquick chocolate milk powder with 0% or 1% milk, ranging from 6 - 12oz depending on workout. plus, a banana or handful of pecans.

No idea what kind of protein carb balance I'm getting.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I do pretty much the same. I drink/eat a shake usually consisting of a banana, red grapes, blueberries, raspberries, spinach, and unflavored whey isolate. Sometimes I add a little pure cocoa powder and maybe a spoonful of peanut butter.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Kettle bells, kettle bells and MOAR kettle bells.

Tonight it'll be renegade rows, windmills, swings, shoulder press, delt spreads, Turkish get-ups, shrugs, and I have no idea what that last one is called I do. LOL

I also throw pushups in there and some back work with some stretchy bands.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tonight was:
200 jump ropes
21 thrusters (front squat + push press overhead)
21 pull ups
15 thrusters
15 pull ups
9 thrusters
9 pull ups
21 Dead Lifts
21 hand stand pushups
500 meter row

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tempo Tuesday!

About 4.25 miles, with the first 3.5 or so at a faster-than-usual pace (7:15-7:30/mi), then finished the rest closer to 7:45-8:00 pace.

Definitely more of a workout than usual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom