Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Missed us by 45 miles. The farm got a sprinkle. My water well is getting one heck of a workout getting the grass green and healthy again before it goes into the winter dormancy at the house.
I've been mowing the grass above the lateral lines only since July lol. So dry. We're at the point where it's been dry so long, it just starts that continued progression of where it just doesn't rain for months now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been mowing the grass above the lateral lines only since July lol. So dry. We're at the point where it's been dry so long, it just starts that continued progression of where it just doesn't rain for months now.
I'm dragging 300' of 3/4" hose around the property as far as it will reach to get it growing again.
I took out the pool this spring with a rented track hoe and concrete breaker. The dirt we brought in has an amazing growth of bermuda right in the outline of the pool that even choked out some johnson grass it's so thick. Our well water is very alkaline so that gives me a clue I may need to add some acid to the surrounding soil to bring the PH back into more normal levels.
The animals love the new grass!

IMG_3642.jpeg
IMG_3628.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom