Forcing my hand…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking yesterday that maybe it’s time to sell off some of the watches I’ve accumulated over the course of doing this YouTube channel. I’ve got some really special and excellent condition vintage chronographs, etc., that I really like, but I’ve also got duplicates of many of them still in my project drawer. I was talking with another OSA member last night about the possibility of posting some for sale.

Well, as fate would have it, I went home to grab some lunch today and as I regularly do, I parked my car in the garage. Although I never heard it, apparently the coil spring broke. Even after disconnecting my door from the opener, it took every bit of strength I had to open the door enough and wedge it so that I could get my car out of the garage. When trying to close the door again, I lost my grip and the door slammed shut, putting a couple significant bends in it.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to pay through the nose to get this repaired! The damage to the door itself was by my own hand, and probably avoidable had I taken two seconds to think through the situation clearly.

I’m back at work now, but when I get home tonight, I’ll probably be posting some watches for sale that I normally wouldn’t consider, lol.

Hopefully it will help cover the cost of the door.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the door is salvageable, replacing the coil spring is more manageable than you think. Did mine a couple years ago.
Well I managed to 'persuade' the door with a hammer and a block of wood over a period of 45 minutes and have it running pretty true now. Spring will be replaced, and hopefully it'll be back in working order.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hovering over the ‘everything else’ in classifieds…
A couple may surprise you. I'm trying to transfer some photos from my phone to my computer and will have them posted in a bit. I pulled 8 from the watch box. Time to let them go to people that'll get to wear them more than I have. I have duplicates of many of them still in the project drawer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom