FORMER US SEN. JIM INHOFE DIES AT AGE 89

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t agree with everything he supported, but in my book, he was a good man. Back during the days of the Clinton problems, one of my daughters had a very rare type of brain tumor. She, and my wife, went to Baltimore, to John’s Hopkins,for three weeks of radiation therapy. The therapy involved a treatment everyday, I believe. Then they would go back to their hotel. My daughter and one of Inhofe’s daughters were good friends. She had spent a couple of Spring breaks at their beach home at Padre Island. She contacted her father and between him and Tim Coburn, who was a lifelong friend, had tickets for them to be in the gallery during Clinton’s impeachment trial. They were able to witness several days of that process, and Tom and Inhofe took them to the Senate dining room for lunch a few times.

I had never met Inhofe, but I saw him at a Wanemacher show a couple of months later. He was quite interested in hearing how Lisa was doing. I saw him a few times after that, and he always immediately asked about my wife and daughter.

He did a lot for the military sites in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom