Four Missing From Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess , for what it's worth, he caught them they ran he shot. Hence the violent scene next door. Then because they weren't on his property he had some explaining to do. Since he was already serving a deferred sentence he probably shouldn't have firearm so he had to improvise. Dismember, dump torso in river, bury or stash heads and hands separately to slow I'd. Take conveniently long vacation. But if it was a cartel, family may want to run also!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
since when can't you protect your own property
In Texas you can shoot to defend property, but in Oklahoma you can (generally) only shoot to defend people (or livestock from other animals). All it takes is a fear on your part of bodily harm (no matter how slight), but if they’re not a threat to you, you’d better not shoot.

Personally, I think if you catch them in the act they should be bought and paid for, but that’s not the way the law reads in Oklahoma.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was three, I stole a tootsie roll. We got home and my mom saw that I had it. Drove 40 miles round trip so I could apologize and give it back. It was a good life lesson.

Glad some of you weren’t there to heroically shoot me.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was three, I stole a tootsie roll. We got home and my mom saw that I had it. Drove 40 miles round trip so I could apologize and give it back. It was a good life lesson.

Glad some of you weren’t there to heroically shoot me.
big difference between three and thirty.

That salvage is the guy's livelihood. Why should anyone lose anything to a thief?

Someone steals my truck, that's not just a truck. It's thousands of dollars I worked for, invested my time in. Time I can't get back.

Screw those guys.

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still trying to work this out in my mind.
If a guy that owns a salvage yard is the person of interest, I can assure anyone he has a method to move bodies or anything else that needs moved to wherever he wants them without dismemberment.
He could have dug a hole and covered it with some scrap. Cadaver dogs could have found them there, but they can also work in rivers. Amazing sense of smell.
Why dump into a river over a bridge which should be where the LEO I would think as the first place to look?
Apparently, there isn't much current there as the bodies and parts were all found in a group vs being swept downstream.
So many questions with no reasonable answers.
I'm interested to find out the real story. It could be he originally buried them and covered them with scrap and then he dug them back up and dumped them in the river once it was known they were headed to his junk yard - maybe after the police talked to him.
Seems Joe was found at Daytona Beach driving a stolen car.
So... Joe was/is a thief as well...

Latest posts

Top Bottom