Free at last, free at last!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even imagine what it would be like in that hell hole! Glad your family survived and welcome back to firearm freedom! And I bet one of your priorities is de-neutering your AR's and bringing them back to their full potential! Oh, btw, we do have some crazy people in here (watch out for druryj, he's a real nutter) and sometimes it gets deep. Just put on your high wader boots and watch out for the change in wind!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome to the clubhouse!

(BTW, I'm not gonna tell you who the 'nutters' are...….I think they all have guns...lol)

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even imagine what it would be like in that hell hole! Glad your family survived and welcome back to firearm freedom! And I bet one of your priorities is de-neutering your AR's and bringing them back to their full potential! Oh, btw, we do have some crazy people in here (watch out for druryj, he's a real nutter) and sometimes it gets deep. Just put on your high wader boots and watch out for the change in wind!

I’ll make a post of my ARs before and after coming to Oklahoma lol.
The degree of ingenuity applied to circumventing ‘that places’ draconian gun regulations is impressive, and sickening that its necessary.

I’ll sell off my compliance stuff to my friends they’re stuck here lol.

Thanks all for the warm welcome and the range advice. I’m trying to get at least 5 rural acres so I can do some 100-300 yard shooting in my own land.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Foss only has quail and rabbit hunting with steel shot but Black Kettle National Grasslands has LOTS of opportunities. Look into a lifetime hunting/fishing combo at $775. Still one of the best values in the country IMO.

Getting my hunting license transferred over from ‘that place’ is in my priorities list-right after getting an Oklahoma state drivers license, plates for my pickup, and a house for my family!

Really good to hear about the public hunting areas! I’m mostly an AR shooter but we have a family ranch ‘back there’ that has pigs for days, but public land is hit or miss at best.

We were actually looking at a house with a couple of acres on Foss lake. Good to know you can hunt it.

The OP mentioned that he served in the Army. If you are disabled veteran you can get the lifetime combo licence very, VERY cheap. If the VA gave you a rating of 0-59%, it's $200. If 60% or more, then it's $25. Yes...TWENTY FIVE BUCKS.

There is a time restriction, though...you have to be an Oklahoma resident for 6 months.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/sites/default/files/VA LT APP FOR MAIL IN ORDERS_0.pdf

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The OP mentioned that he served in the Army. If you are disabled veteran you can get the lifetime combo licence very, VERY cheap. If the VA gave you a rating of 0-59%, it's $200. If 60% or more, then it's $25. Yes...TWENTY FIVE BUCKS.

There is a time restriction, though...you have to be an Oklahoma resident for 6 months.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/sites/default/files/VA LT APP FOR MAIL IN ORDERS_0.pdf

Very good point! I had forgotten about that. Makes it a total no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom