Free Maytag upright freezer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Clay, what are the outside dimensions? And to clarify, it works just doesn’t seal well causing the door edge to ice up?

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you put it by the curb with a “free” sign no one will touch it but put a $25 sign on it and it’ll be gone by the next morning.
the scrap yards here in OKC will NOT take freezers and refrigerators anymore,,too little metal and too much insulation.and plastic.and some scrappers wont remove the compressor(freon) or any coolant lines..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have 2 upright and 2 chest freezers.
Much prefer the upright, even though chest is more efficient.

I asked Wif about it. She said where I could put it. But, I don't think it would fit and don't want to try.

The worm bed looks cool. That could be a good money maker, too.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
the scrap yards here in OKC will NOT take freezers and refrigerators anymore,,too little metal and too much insulation.and plastic.and some scrappers wont remove the compressor(freon) or any coolant lines..
Then where are all the Mexican metal scrappers taking them? Every time I see an old broken don Teeyoa PeeeKup, it is filled with fridges and freezers during big jink week.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Then where are all the Mexican metal scrappers taking them? Every time I see an old broken don Teeyoa PeeeKup, it is filled with fridges and freezers during big jink week.
they may be taking them home and removing the compressor and copper lines and copper wires,and then putting whats left out at the curb on big junk day,or they know a scrap yard that will take whats left,but the bigger scrap yards i go to (because they pay more ) will not take freezers and fridges anymore..

Latest posts

Top Bottom