Fresh Butter & Milk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a source of "farm-fresh" butter, heavy cream and milk with an hour or so of OKC.

Anyone know of any sources?
Thanks

Stewart Dairy/Thoma Hawk Farms in Blanchard.

Maybe a couple hundred yards south of 62 on MacArthur, East side of the road. Can’t miss ‘em. I’ve never bought any of their milk, but I’ve talked to several that have and it’s supposed to be really good. You can probably look them up on faceplace or somewhere like that. I think their cows are Brown Swiss, but I’m not 100% sure of that.

If you can’t find them let me know by quoting this post and I’ll get a phone # for them. You might be able to see their sign on street view on Google maps. I’m up & down thru there several times a week. I just live around the corner.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stewart Dairy/Thoma Hawk Farms in Blanchard.

Maybe a couple hundred yards south of 62 on MacArthur, East side of the road. Can’t miss ‘em. I’ve never bought any of their milk, but I’ve talked to several that have and it’s supposed to be really good. You can probably look them up on faceplace or somewhere like that. I think their cows are Brown Swiss, but I’m not 100% sure of that.

If you can’t find them let me know by quoting this post and I’ll get a phone # for them. You might be able to see their sign on street view on Google maps. I’m up & down thru there several times a week. I just live around the corner.
Here ya go. They’re on Google Maps.

16DABB33-1A1E-4F08-BDC9-EEB214AC294D.png

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fresh milk, cream and butter, that's the good stuff. Making your own butter from fresh milk is really easy. Craigslist farm and garden may have some results if jakemans source doesn't fit you.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fresh milk, cream and butter, that's the good stuff. Making your own butter from fresh milk is really easy. Craigslist farm and garden may have some results if jakemans source doesn't fit you.

I’m not sure they have butter, but if they have whole milk the cream will come in the jug, just have to pour it off. My peoples always kept the milk in either a crock or a giant pickle jar. Poor people gots poor ways. They would pour off a little cream for the coffee, shake the crock then pour out the milk. The next morning, like magic, there was more cream on top. I was too little for coffee but sometimes I’d get a little cream in my oatmeal.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure they have butter, but if they have whole milk the cream will come in the jug, just have to pour it off. My peoples always kept the milk in either a crock or a giant pickle jar. Poor people gots poor ways. They would pour off a little cream for the coffee, shake the crock then pour out the milk. The next morning, like magic, there was more cream on top. I was too little for coffee but sometimes I’d get a little cream in my oatmeal.
👍 brother, take the cream in a pint or quart jar and while watching TV rock it back and forth and poof ya got butter. Been moons ago but we sure enjoyed those simple times.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
👍 brother, take the cream in a pint or quart jar and while watching TV rock it back and forth and poof ya got butter. Been moons ago but we sure enjoyed those simple times.

My great aunt had an old churn on the screened in porch. I’m sure she used it, but I never saw her. She made her own cottage cheese, so I’m sure she made butter too.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We used the big 1 gal pickle jars and do the same. We had a Guernsey and it would be minimum 1/3 cream in each jar. Lots of butter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom