Frustrating couple of days at the loading bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
needed to get some 06 and some swede ammo done. started sticking cases right away so i took my dies apart and cleaned them good. still sticking cases and the only change i made from last time was different lube lube. i went from rcbs to dillon lube. any suggestions?

cj599

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use hornaday one shot its the only lube that works with my .270win any other lube and the case stick everytime and rips the bottom off the case

Pro 2nd amendment

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use both the Hornady & Lyman spray on lubes for rifle now and haven't had "any" problems at all.
Plus it's a whole lot easier. You might try them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
would h&h have the hornady lube or do you get yours online? seems i could use a little more of the rcbs when i needed to but the dillon just "feels" really tight even if i just use a tiny amount. i resorted to spraying it on my fingers and just wiping the case down with no luck.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the Dillon type case lube and make my own and have never stuck a case with it!!
Put the cases in a ziploc bag then add 4-5 squrts of the dillion lube then roll the bag around in your
hands, dump them out on cookie sheet or wax paper to dry for 4-5 minutes.

A note: if your sticking cases with dillion case lube your not using enough, but you can use too much
and dent the shoulders.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used RCBS for years with never a problem. Started using Hornady One Shot and love it.
Haven't used the Dillon, but my guess would be not enough lube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom