Fun on a cruise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will confess, I had to look up the term Hood Rat. Although I had an inkling of the definition by all the comments, I wanted to nail it down.

1720010679772.png

I thought this was a hood rat

wifesnightout.jpg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has lots of friends that go on cruises at least once a year, and she’d love to go too. I’ve told her multiple times that she’s welcome to go without me. :anyone:
I send my wife all over the world with my kids. They just got back from Europe and I stayed home.

It is better for everyone in the family that we have this arrangement.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have time to watch such foolish behavior- Cruise ship needs a “Woodrow” that won’t tolerate rude behavior. Or They need a jail cell on cruise ships.
There are cells on cruise ships.
We will never cruise on Carnival, Disney or MSC.
The cruise lines like Celebrity, Silver Seas and Holland cater to the more mature crowds that don’t wish to see roller coasters, climbing walls, etc.
Those lines that cater to the mature crowd typically charge a little more, that the riff-raff doesn’t want to pay. But when they charge more, the level of services goes up accordingly.
For anyone on the fence about an Alaskan cruise, do it. It was the most amazing scenery we have ever seen.
Don’t take a round trip. Fly to Anchorage and stay for a couple days to explore that area. Take the train to Seward to board the ship and fly home from Seattle. One way trips offer twice the time onshore to take in the sights and excursions.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are cells on cruise ships.
We will never cruise on Carnival, Disney or MSC.
The cruise lines like Celebrity, Silver Seas and Holland cater to the more mature crowds that don’t wish to see roller coasters, climbing walls, etc.
Those lines that cater to the mature crowd typically charge a little more, that the riff-raff doesn’t want to pay. But when they charge more, the level of services goes up accordingly.
For anyone on the fence about an Alaskan cruise, do it. It was the most amazing scenery we have ever seen.
Don’t take a round trip. Fly to Anchorage and stay for a couple days to explore that area. Take the train to Seward to board the ship and fly home from Seattle. One way trips offer twice the time onshore to take in the sights and excursions.

Or, do a cruise and land tour combined. Then one can see a lot in both the Inside Passage and on land as well. The only drawback is that the cruise line sets the port calls in the Inside Passage and stops along the land tour.

If one is really interested in an Alaskan cruise and land tour, check out my Alaska folder at my Smugmug site in the link below.

Latest posts

Top Bottom