Galco Ankle Glove vs Ankle Lite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided that I will carry to work once my permit arrives soon. After playing around with a pocket holster I have for my SW 637 I think I'll instead go with an ankle holster because my pocket holster doesn't have much retention at all (I think by design, so I guess no fault of it), so much that the snubby just slips out of my pocket if I sit down sometimes. Also the grip pokes out and the red really stands out against my black or tan pants. My job has a lot of physical work to it, so I figured I'd need something that just holds on more. Looked around and asked some people, so now I'm set on these two ankle holsters by Galco.

So, what really is the difference between the Galco Ankle Glove and Ankle Lite holsters? There's a good price difference, but is one more comfortable than the other? I'm willing to spend the money for the Ankle Glove if need be, but it would be nice to not have to if the other is just as good. From what I can tell, the only difference is the holster part in the Glove is leather whereas the Lite looks to be some kind of suede.

Anybody have experience with these two holsters?

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
though I think ankle holster is probably the most cumbersome way in the world to carry, am tagging for this answer also. Certainly not for a speedy grab and shoot, but a viable place to have a weapon when you need one.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Almost 3 years with the Galco Ankle Lite with a G27. Incredibly comfortable, you'll forget it's there within a week. No experience with the other holster.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by any good? It's suede and has held up to everyday use as well as the velcro and snap. No issues whatsoever.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20160603_084449_zpsmywuiom4.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20160603_084506_zpsayrierk0.jpg

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks nice thank you. I have a holster for a Shield I used to have that was made of suede. But it would get crushed when I drew from it and became flattened after a while. It was one of those 15 buck ones though.

Would you recommend the calf strap also?

Latest posts

Top Bottom